Beth Carson – Dream Bigger – Experience Freedom
When people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them, “I have a business where I help investors and vacation rental owners make as much money as they possibly can out of their investment.”
The truth is, it’s a ton of fun. I see so many owners leaving money on the table (literally like burning thousands of dollars!) and I swoop in and help them make a few tweaks and changes—and BAM! They are making more money. What fun!
I’m Beth Carson, and teaching vacation rental owners (or those who want to own a dream vacation home) how to make big bucks is my sweet spot.
I’ve been an international traveler since I was 9 when my very much loved Nana took me to England and a return trip on the Queen Elizabeth II. I was bitten by the travel bug early on, and if you know the cure- shhh- don’t tell!
After getting my degree in Psychology, I have been in the travel marketing business for 18 years. I’ve worked with a mini-resort of high-end homes, taking them from losing a quarter of a million dollars a year (and by losing, it wasn’t on paper- the owners were writing enormous checks every month) to profitable in one month. Can I get a “High Five?”
I also consult with owners who own just one property and give them advice via my Flyover program – where I do an online video marketing overview and offer feedback on their property and marketing.
No matter the size- getting the most money out of your property is a challenge and the success is a thrill.
I’m also the editor of Vacation Rental Travels– a sumptuous, digital magazine that takes you on a journey to VR’s across the globe. I love working with my team of 50 talented writers.
My new program, Buying Your First Vacation Rental, teaches anyone how to select just the right home and flip it into a vacation rental. This will be a place that people will pay you handsomely to stay in, and you get to vacation in – for free. For the rest of your life.
That’s my professional life.
CURIOUS TO KNOW MORE?
10 More Facts About Me
- I live in Asheville, NC, but travel often to help owners out or on assignment for the magazine.
- I have a tripod- a sweet dog named Meeko born missing a front leg. I once made the mistake of telling a little boy he was born with a chicken wing. “HE WAS BORN WITH A CHICKEN WING?” Now, I don’t wildly confuse children anymore.
- I’m afraid of butterflies and moths. I’m in good company. Nichole Kidman is, too.
- I have traveled to 45 countries.
- I love running numbers on projects. My degree is in Psychology, but surprisingly, Statistics was a favorite course.
- My very favorite food, (other than Crème Brule,) is Chobani’s Salted Carmel Flip Yogurt. Sometimes I have it twice a day. I’d rather have
it than candy.
- I grew up in the DC area and graduated from George Mason University
- I have a 20-year-old daughter
- My favorite countries are Fiji, South Africa, Israel, and New Zealand. My favorite city is Paris, the City of Lights.
- I’m a big believer in dreaming big and working hard for that dream. Then, relaxing as you reap the rewards of that hard work.
Want to learn more? You have three options